So I have your attention! Are you a Whole Food or Raw pet food feeder who want a new recipe? Here is a great meal/recipe to add to your pet's rotation diet. Organic ground turkey, sweet potato, fennel, quinoa, alfalfa, coconut, honey and more prodive a new taste while providing different nutrients and healthing benefits. Making this recipe will be a piece of cake....
But don’t be concerned, this Whole Food recipe is a clever combination of healthy organic fruit, nuts, seeds and superfoods, shaped into a cake-like form. If you deconstructed the ingredients and placed them into a bowl or on a plate you would be looking at foods good enough for you to eat!
Although I am not advising nor giving you justification to eat your pet's food, I am simply offering a recipes that is extremely healthy, nutritious and can appreciated by all.
This recipe is a beautiful mixture of fresh sweet potato, dried fruit, nuts, spices, a dash of sweetener and coconut oil. Give you pet companion a special month of different food and trust me, when it's feeding time your pet will be leaping out off its feet in excitement.
* 4 - 5 pounds of ground turkey
* 2 medium sweet potato or Yam
* ½ cup flax seed
* 1/2 cup quinoa
* 2 ½ cups crushed peanuts
* 1/2 cup coconut
* 1/8 cup honey
*1 cup sultanas
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
* ¾ cup coconut nectar
* ¼ cup chopped alfalfa
* ¼ cup goji berries
* 1/4 cup of grated fennel
* 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1. Boil water and make the Quinoa then drail and add to a big bowl
2. Add the ground Turkey
3. Grate the sweet potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
3. Grind the flax seeds in a blender or coffee grinder and add the flax meal to the bowl.
4. Place nuts in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form.
5. Add to the food processor the coconut, honey, sultanas, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and
coconut nectar and process until the mixture comes together.
6. Add everything to the large bowl, along with the chopped walnuts, goji berries and coconut oil and mix well with your hands (I find that doing it by hand releases some of the moisture in the sweet potato or yam and helps to combine everything nicely!)
7. Create meal size portions and put a weeks worth in the refrigerate and freezer the rest to thaw and feed later.
Organic Nutrition Express Free Recipe